november 25th was declared the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women (IDEVAW). here are some statistics i came across, while attending a conference:
* one woman suffers from acts of lasciviousness every four hours
* one woman is raped every one hour and 16 minutes
* one woman is the case of wife battering every hour and 50 minutes
* gang rapes are increasing in this country
* 25.4 million filipinos live below the asian poverty line of $1.35/day
keep the prayers coming for the philippines, especially women and children.