…just thought i’d throw some of these beautiful quotes your way (we went to the “maryknoll motherhouse” today) and this was on the peace pole in their museum [amazing]:
* mission is like breathing – there are times when God draws us in and times when God sends us out
* work on the missions demands that you undergo a martyrdom – if not a real one, at least a living one
* a missioner goes to a place where he is needed but not wanted, and stays until he is wanted, but not needed
* i choose to do God’s work for the countless people overlooked, overworked, and forgotten.
* to be converted to love every day, change all your energies, all your potential, into selfless gifts for the other person.
* mission is to go to a no place, to serve God’s nobodies, and, in the eyes of the world, to accomplish no-thing. in this, may we realize we are at the center of what time, meaning, and history are all about.
…all about mission. YES. 🙂